Amazon Holiday Deals

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Was busy the weekend...

While I am hot in the pursuit of tracking the cases of A(H1N1) infections worldwide, I had to have some time with my family. And last weekend was that time. With the upcoming baby girl (4th girl out of 4), we'd have to buy an extra bed, some other small things, and - this is the big thing - rearrange our bedrooms.

Saturday was doing the shopping.

Sunday was the rearranging.

Bboth days were tiresome - and fun. The 3 girls helped religiously, and while cleaning up is not always a pleasant chore, the outcome is actually the pleasurable event. So they did. We all did.

Well. For the most part that requires brute force, I did that, and for the smaller, nitty-gritty, detail-oriented activities, the ladies did it.

I finished last on my items, with a lot of peeking on the TV, when the girls, having finished earlier, decided to watch. Batman and Dr Freeze. That stopped me a lot of the time, and the funny thing is, I have watched that movie many a times. The girls also have watched that movie many times, but some things that you enjoy, you don't mind doing over and over again.

Anyway, some of the bigger pieces of furnitures have to go, and so they were dismantled and put in the storage room, and some things that were already giving way, we really have to throw them out. But wait just yet for the replacement. Coming together with the bulk of the things bought last Saturday.

Hmmm. One final thing I did today morning is to plug up the SCV connection from the bedroom TV to the living room TV, and that took about an hour on a Monday morning. But I managed to finish it.

And I was late for 15mins at work. Not a big deal, no. A one-time off of tardiness, it wouldn't kill me. And even if it happens twice, so long as it is not within the same month, which means a spaced out tardiness, that could still be accounted for. What will kill you is a tardiness that the HR folks can consider as habitual.

I'm not there yet, and I'm doing my best not to be there. I love my job, and I will keep it. I can do many, many things while I am working. Talk about freedom while working. That is what I enjoy. Hopefully, I don't get distracted with all the things that I am doing aside from my work. One mistake, and I can get sacked. So extra care while doing something aside from work.

I like doing that. For one, it really does keep me awake. I am jugglilng between three or four things at the same time. The delay doesn't matter, since it is only by some minutes, not hours. So it actually is helping me stay awake, especially at times when there is not much things to do at work. I have some things to fill up the time, instead of just passing it without doing anything. That is just unacceptable. So I found some ways to make use of the time, especially slack times.

That was when I chanced upon the idea of keeping track of the swine flu (then), so I am aware of what is happening, and to let others know also of the same fact.

I really hope that I am helping many others in what I am doing.

Till then. Keep up. I will.


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

0 comments: